Saturday, February 23, 2008

our eventful saturday morning


Yes, as you guessed, I have another funny story straight from the Hasse Residence. This morning, Nathan had to go to work for a possible surgery that could have used his products, so he left at 6:30a to go to the hospital and work. Well, he came back because they postponed the surgery, and he got back in bed. About 30 minutes later, he gets a call from another sales rep he works with, and he has to go to another hospital for the possibility of another surgery that could utilize his products. That surgery ended up being a different type of surgery that didn't need his expertise and product. So, now he comes home to enjoy a little coffee and breakfast (9:30). Of course, I am still in bed. He leaves again for something else for work and calls me to let me know he is going to get his haircut and check on Sharah's cat Baylee, and then he lightly mentions that he had the last of my Lucky Charms for breakfast . . . UMMMM, yeah, Lucky Charms has been pretty much my only craving (other than the occasional pickles craving), and I had truly been laying in bed for about 20 minutes before the call just thinking about how excited I was to get up to eat the mouthwatering marshmallowey Lucky Charms. So, now my hopes and dreams of this delightful breakfast are immediately and intensely CRUSHED. So, I said, "Babe, I have been salivating over the idea of my Lucky Charms for the past 20 minutes . . . and our precious baby NEEDS their Charms." Well, he knew there was no choice, and I did feel terrible, but nothing else at this point would suffice for breakfast. He was really accepting of the reality as he said, "I knew I shouldn't have eaten those . . . I should have bought a breakfast burrito or something!" So, off to Walgreens he went while he waited for his hair appointment, and for the record, he bought us (baby and me) not one, but TWO, boxes of the scrumptious cereal!!! I really am blessed to have such an amazing and wonderful husband who is willing to pay the consequences of consuming the last of the Lucky Charms!!! No, really though, Nathan is truly the most amazing husband in every way, and I fall more in love with him every day through these life-altering experiences!!!

4 comments:

Magen said...

While it feels absolutely necessary at the moment to have what your tummy craves and it seems that everyone else should totally understand that, it is good to take a step back and realize what incredible men we have that will do the ridiculous for the sake of their babies. Good job, Nathan! Keith would relate and be proud. :)

Anonymous said...

You, your baby, and I have at least one thing in common! Mmm, little marshmallow charms!

Ingram Gang said...

Just to let you know...I craved Lucky Charms with Noah. Maybe it's a boy!!!

Jana said...

haha. this just made me laugh.